Investments in land assets and real estate, development and construction, property and asset management are among the most important business areas of local and international companies. INFRALEX lawyers have deep expertise and experience in all areas of relations in this area within the Russian market.
The firm's specialists advise and support state and commercial structures, including owners and tenants of real estate, investors, developers, contractors of major investment projects in the field of capital construction, as well as assist with registration of rights to real estate and dispute resolution.
According to PRAVO-300, a ranking of Russian law firms, INFRALEX is among the TOP-10 law firms in Russia providing services in the field of commercial real estate and construction. Infralex lawyers implement dozens of projects in this area every year. Firm Partner Alexey Popov and Head of Practice Sergey Shumilov are recommended by Best lawyers. Alexey Popov is also noted by Legal500 as a professional in the field of public-private partnership projects.
Legal advice and settlement of disputes in the field of rental relations
INFRALEX lawyers have extensive experience in dealing with the full range of rental issues in the field of commercial, office and warehouse real estate, as well as land plots. The portfolio of INTRALEX’s landmark projects include pre-trial settlement and judicial resolution disputes over foreign exchange clause in lease contracts, unilateral termination of lease, invalidation of waivers from the further performance under lease agreements on the grounds of fraudulence.
In particular, our specialists:
- Advise landlords and tenants on preparation and conclusion of lease agreements
- Prepare the legal position for the client during the negotiations or litigation related to amendment or termination of lease agreements
- Represent the interests of clients in the courts on issues of lease relations
Legal advice and settlement of disputes in the field of land ownership
INFRALEX lawyers have deep expertise in the field of legislative regulation and record keeping of forest lands, water resources, agricultural lands and settlements. INFRALEX’s experience includes complex projects involving protection of ownership of land plots wherein the disputed territory was assigned conflicting zoning categories under different documents.
Lawyers of INFRALEX:
- Advise clients on the full range of issues in the field of land ownership
- Develop the legal position of the client following the review of the documents of title and taking into account the full range of applicable land and urban planning law issues
- Represent clients before the courts and regulatory bodies
Legal advice and settlement of disputes in respect of ownership of real estate
INFRALEX has successful experience in advising and protecting the interests of property owners in disputes over the recognition of unauthorized construction of real estate, as well as in cases involving negatory and vindication claims.
Lawyers of INFRALEX:
- Advise clients on the full range of issues that arise in the field of ownership of real estate
- Prepare the legal position for the clients whose cases are examined by courts of all instances, including the Supreme court of the Russian Federation, on the basis of the analysis of land, town-planning issues, as well as legal regulation of the placement of capital construction projects
- Prepare lawsuits, appeals and cassation appeals to arbitration courts and courts of general jurisdiction, represent clients in courts of all levels
Legal advice and representation of clients in cases regarding revision of the cadastral value of real estate
INFRALEX lawyers have successful experience of representing clients in cases involving revision of the cadastral value of real estate in the pre-trial and judicial order. Our services enable the clients to revise and significantly reduce the cadastral value of their assets, and consequently, to reduce the tax base for the purposes of calculating the property tax for legal entities and individuals.
In the course of the preparation and implementation of projects involving revision of the cadastral value, INFRALEX lawyers:
- Develop the legal position
- Carry out the assessment of the market value of the assets;
- Represent interests of the client during the pre-judicial contestation proceedings in the specialized Commission at Rosreestr
- Represent the interests of the client in court
Comprehensive legal support for real estate construction for various purposes
INFRALEX lawyers have successful experience in complex legal support of customers and contractors of large construction projects, including:
- Conducting legal due diligence of construction projects
- Advising clients on the full range of issues of performance and acceptance of construction works
- Preparing the legal position of the clients (customers or contractors) in order to settle pre-trial or judicial disputes related to construction contracts
- Representing clients in courts
Legal advice and support of capital contribution investment projects
INFRALEX lawyers have deep expertise and successful experience in providing comprehensive legal support for capital contribution investment projects. In particular, we:
- Carry out legal due diligence of capital contribution investment projects, including cross-border aspects of the investment
- Prepare and support construction contracts, including the implementation of projects based on international EPC forms (FIDIC, NEC), providing support for negotiations and execution of the documents
- Advise clients on the full range of capital contribution investment issues
- Prepare the legal position for the clients in order to settle pre-trial or judicial disputes over capital contribution investment agreements
- Represent clients in courts
Legal due diligence
INFRALEX provides due diligence services for the purposes of real estate and land transactions.
Legal due diligence provides confidence to the parties to the transaction that:
- The land plot was allocated properly and is used in accordance with the permits
- All rights to real estate and other assets are properly registered and there are no risks of their loss
Based on the results of legal due diligence, INFRALEX lawyers prepare a risk map and recommendations for their minimization.
Structuring and support of real estate transactions
INFRALEX lawyers have expertise and experience in structuring and providing support to complex real estate transactions, including re-registration of rights to real estate.
In accordance with the goals and objectives of the client, we:
- Develop target structure and the roadmap for the transaction
- Draft and coordinate transaction documents
- Organize work on re-registration of rights to real estate
- Advise the client on all aspects of the transaction
Legal advice in the field of land and urban relations
INFRALEX lawyers advise clients on the full range of issues in the field of land relations, including:
- Disposition of public lands
- Urban planning legislation
- State registration of rights to real estate